When it’s time for a new water heater, energy efficiency is usually near the top of many people’s needs in Charleston. A tankless water heater is a great choice for saving energy. In fact, a tankless water heater is 8–34 percent more energy efficient than a storage water heater, according to energy.gov.
Unlike traditional tank heaters that heat gallons of water and store it for use, tankless water heaters use gas burners or electric coils to heat water on an as-needed basis, which might save you a lot on energy expenses. Since the heated water isn’t stored for use later on, you don’t have to pay for standby energy losses like you might with tank heaters. You’ll also benefit from having a constant supply of hot water. They are small in size, energy-efficient in design and low-cost to use.
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water moves through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element is going to heat it. Then it goes to the tap, where you then have hot water. One caveat about tankless water heaters—specifically for larger households—is that the flow rate of hot water may not be large enough to accommodate numerous uses at once. One of our experts will help you decide what your flow rate is and offer recommendations based on their analysis.
Some people decide to install a separate tankless water heater that’s picked for a specific appliance, like the dishwasher or the clothes washer—or as a booster for a solar water heating system. However, most households in the Charleston area do alright with a single tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of the benefits of getting one:
- Most tankless water heaters have a lifespan of 20 years—that’s about twice as long as the lifetime of a traditional tank heater.
- Most tankless units come with a federal tax rebate.
- Tankless water heaters rarely run out of hot water.
- You get better energy efficiency with a tankless water heater because they are more efficient minus standby heat loss and only use the power necessary to heat the amount of water needed at any period.
- Tankless models require much less space than traditional tank water heaters. They can even be put on the walls and some can be put in small cupboards or closets. Smaller units can be installed under cabinets or in a closet, closer to the point of use.
With tankless water heaters, you decrease the probability of flooding due to a ruptured tank. Call Pardee Service Experts today if you want an ENERGY STAR® rated, tankless hot water heater added to your Charleston home. It’s a great energy-efficient option for your home. We have quality tankless hot water heater choices, knowledge and expert service—for all your tankless water heater needs, 24/7/365. Give our team a call at 843-410-6103
or request an appointment with us online.