Spring is nice for more than a few reasons: flowers are blooming, you can open windows for fresh air and your energy bill is commonly at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not relying on your heater or air conditioner.
But as temps begin to increase, so do your energy charges. Here are a few tips for saving energy in Charleston and keeping costs down.
1. Book Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system a yearly maintenance visit can help it work more efficiently and cut down costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep energy bills less expensive.
If your HVAC equipment has seen better days, spring is a good time to update it. The energy-saving options in newer cooling systems is a big benefit for keeping your energy bill down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling bills. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Understanding how to efficiently use your thermostat is the best way to cut down on energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Consider it this way, the lower the difference between outdoor temperatures and inside temperatures, the lower your air conditioning cost will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or switch it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty home.
3. Try Other Methods to Cool Your Space
You can turn to several other methods to help keep your residence at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By running a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise during the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This disperses cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it moves through windows. Keep your home cooler by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny rooms.
4. Think About Buying a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and abruptly realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your habits and correct the temp when you’re out to help you save money. You can also change the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These expert tips will all help keep summer energy charges economical. If you think it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, call us at 843-410-6103 or contact us online. We’ll help you choose the best product for your space. And like always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.