Scheduling regular AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioning equipment in Charleston running at its top performance while keeping electricity usage down. It also might even help prolong its life span.
While there are several jobs you can finish by yourself, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Pardee Service Experts, for AC checks and upkeep.
Here are several steps you can do alone as you prepare for warm weather.
Get Your AC Service Set
Spring is a season of rejuvenation, and to many that entails a hefty portion of house, garage and yard sprucing. With the toastier weather near, it’s also a good idea to include AC checkups on that checklist.
Spring is the best time to get your cooling system freshened and examined. Delaying to flip it on until the first sweltering day of the season can be risky. If you have to have service or replacement, you may be waiting a long time for a technician. And that may become awfully unbearable.
And for people with allergies, being one step ahead with a clean AC system will help ensure the best indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Also, air conditioning upkeep could be required for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Complete Service Myself?
There are methods that you can complete to help keep your cooling system in the ultimate condition:
- Replace your air filter recommends each month or two. This is particularly crucial if you deal with allergies or have pets in your house.
- Lawn upkeep by the exterior condenser. Ensure the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes close to your cooling system. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of free space. You should also get rid of any leaves or sticks that have collected inside your system, as this could impede airflow.
Let the Professionals Manage the Rest
What’s left to do? If you call Pardee Service Experts at 843-410-6103, the primary thing we may do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already completed. Then we’ll begin the nitty gritty. We’ll inspect your equipment and make sure it’s working properly with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to provide safe operation.
- Oiling to keep moving parts working smoothly and potentially avoid problems.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-creating mold and obstructions.
- Straightening coil fins to stop decreased airflow.
- Freshening the outdoor coil to get rid of any buildup from soil and vegetation.
- Checking controls to double check your equipment is starting, running and turning off properly.
- Assessing the operating temperature parameters to make sure your system has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we discover issues that need extra action, we are prepared to give you the most reasonable option. Locating potential problems early can solve larger issues later on. This also gives you time to strategize if your unit is aging.
When you need a modern air conditioner to help make your new equipment fit your budget. No matter what your comfort needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts have you covered.
Need to book your service? Call us at 843-410-6103 or schedule an appointment online right away.