There are a number of fun things to do in the fall, especially in Charleston. But, there’s also that huge list of must-do’s before the cold weather comes. Although the outdoor yard work and home touchups are undoubtedly at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor task you should consider handling early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment scheduled.
The team at Pardee Service Experts recommend that furnace service and maintenance be done at least annually in order to prevent a breakdown in the dead of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a host of benefits to getting it performed before the cold and crisp weather reaches Charleston, too. Take a look at some of the top benefits of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help make certain that your furnace runs at its peak efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating bill.
- Ensures your furnace is in tip-top shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready to get you through whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at Charleston when it cools off.
- Decreases the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to happen on a cold winter day is have your furnace stop working, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to see potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to make heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are critical to keeping your home safe through the winter.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to keep your warranty, so getting regular maintenance done can save you money if larger problems occur later.
Taking proper care of your furnace has a ton of additional benefits, and getting furnace service completed annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the colder months and save you time later because you’re less likely to need extra service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like Pardee Service Experts are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in Charleston, give us a call at 843-410-6103 or schedule an appointment with Pardee Service Experts through our online scheduler.