No matter what the elements outside in Charleston, the temperature in your house designates how comfortable your family will feel. Find the right temp and your space will be a comfortable escape from the world. But if your home comfort system isn’t working the way it should, you’ll know. And it won’t be fun.
Take time for a thorough look at the way you’re managing your HVAC equipment. It could be the difference between a strong system or a poor performer. Try this short quiz from Pardee Service Experts to figure out where you stand.
- Summer is not far away in Charleston. How do you get your system ready?
- Swap out the HVAC filter and spruce up the vents. Then it’s ready.
- Call in the professionals for a seasonal tune-up.
- Nothing. It will be fine.
- You’re planning a get-together on a hot night, but the AC isn’t cooling your space. What’s your first step?
- Tell my friends to bring cold beverages.
- Call for an emergency repair to get it working before guests arrive.
- Switch on my fans and pray for a cool breeze.
- Your current HVAC is maturing. What’s your plan when it’s time for a replacement?
- Have my contractor to select one and pay for it with a credit card.
- Get rid of worries and costs by signing up for a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Choose the fanciest system available in Charleston.
- When you open your next monthly utility bill, what do you suppose you’ll see?
- It will cost more. My home comfort bills have increased quite a bit.
- It will be close to the charges for the same month last year.
- I can’t be sure until I open it. Some of them aren’t bad, but others are a surprise.
- Your home comfort system is making a weird noise. What do you do first?
- Get my toolbox and spend a weekend struggling to fix it.
- Book an Expert technician to check it out.
- Don’t think about it and hope it stops.
Time to tally your results. If you answered mostly Bs, your HVAC habits are on the money. You’re taking care of your system and you have a plan for replacement. But if you answered any of these scenarios with As or Cs, you can make a few changes to help your equipment perform more effectively. Read on to find out how.
Better HVAC Habits to Help Protect Your Home
Schedule Seasonal Maintenance While changing your air filter and dusting your vents are critical tasks to prep your system for a new season, a professional maintenance appointment is necessary to conclude the process. During a regular maintenance visit, your pro technician will complete a series of tasks that help out the energy efficiency of your HVAC. And while they’re there, your HVAC service pro will be on the lookout for more significant problems for your equipment. That could save you a high-priced breakdown in the future.
Choose a home comfort company that offers emergency repairs. Even precisely maintained HVAC systems can have trouble periodically. And it always seems to occur at the worst times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can manage the headache and trouble. The Service Experts Advantage Program provides that vital service to homes at no additional cost.
Devise a plan for your HVAC system upgrade. Some home comfort systems can work for 10 to 15 years, but they aren’t able to last forever. Build an idea of what you want now to evade last-minute pressure when your equipment takes its final bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be useful. It gives you a new high-efficiency HVAC system with no up-front expenses. And as an added bonus, the program comes with free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy costs and take note when they greatly change. Your power bills can show you more than your monthly costs. If you’re observing a regular escalation in your costs but no variation in home comfort, something is probably occurring with your HVAC. A modern high-efficiency system can offer you peace of mind with more consistent energy usage—and that means fewer unknown amounts on your bill.
Call a professional when you detect an odd noise from your home comfort system. That noise is more than irritating. It indicates something is off with your equipment. Even if it’s a relatively small issue, left without professional help it could make for a costly repair in the future. Don’t try to work on it yourself. Leave it to the professionals to check out and set it right.
Your HVAC can cost you quite a bit when you don’t manage it. If you apply these tips, you could save time, extra costs and frustration. And if your system just isn’t keeping up anymore, contemplate choosing one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can get you a modern energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To find out more, give us a call or book an appointment online. We’re happy to help!