No matter what the temperature outside in Charleston, the temperature inside your house decides how comfortable your family will be. Set it just right and your space will be a nice escape from the world. But if your home comfort system isn’t working accurately, you’ll notice. And it won’t be fun.
Get ready for a thorough look at the way you’re managing your home comfort system. It might make the difference between a strong system or a problematic performer. Take this quick quiz from Pardee Service Experts to figure out where you stand.
- Hotter days are not far away in Charleston. How do you get your AC ready?
- Swap out the HVAC filter and dust the vents. Then it’s finished.
- Call in the pros for a seasonal tune-up.
- Nothing. It should be fine.
- You’re planning a party on a hot night, but the AC isn’t doing anything. What do you do?
- Tell my friends to bring cold beverages.
- Call for an emergency repair to get it working before guests arrive.
- Turn on my fans and pray for a nice breeze.
- Your current HVAC is aging. What’s your plan when it’s time for a replacement?
- Have my contractor to choose and pay for it with a credit card.
- Get rid of worries and costs by signing up for a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Choose the fanciest system available in Charleston.
- When you open your next monthly utility bill, what do you think you’ll see?
- It will cost more. My heating and cooling bills have been climbing.
- It will be close to the charges for the same month last year.
- I won’t know until I see it. Some of them aren’t bad, but others are a surprise.
- Your home comfort system is making a strange noise. What do you do first?
- Dig out my toolbox and spend a weekend struggling to fix it.
- Get an Expert technician to check it out.
- Forget about it and pray it stops.
Time to tally your results. If you answered mostly Bs, your HVAC habits are on the money. You’re taking care of your system and you have a plan for replacement. But if you answered any of these scenarios with As or Cs, you can make a few changes to help your system perform more effectively. Read below to find out how.
Useful HVAC Habits to Help You Save
Schedule Seasonal Maintenance While replacing your air filter and dusting your vents are critical tasks to prep your system for a new season, a professional maintenance appointment is critical to conclude the process. During a regular maintenance visit, your pro technician will complete a series of tasks that help out the energy efficiency pro will be on the lookout for more significant problems for your home. That could save you a pricey breakdown in the future.
Choose an HVAC company that offers emergency repairs. Even precisely maintained home comfort systems can have problems sometimes. And it always seems to hit at the worst times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can manage the headache and trouble. The Service Experts Advantage Program gives that crucial service to homes at no additional cost.
Devise a plan for your HVAC system replacement. Some HVAC systems can operate for 10 to 15 years, but they aren’t able to last forever. Build an idea of what you want now to evade last-minute pressure when your equipment takes its last bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be useful. It offers you a new high-efficiency HVAC system with no up-front expenses. Even better, the program comes with free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy costs and don’t ignore it when they greatly change. Your power bills can show you more than your monthly charges. If you’re observing a regular escalation in your costs but no variation in home comfort, something is likely occurring with your HVAC. A modern high-efficiency system can give you peace of mind with more consistent energy usage—and that means fewer unknown amounts on your bill.
Call a professional when you detect a strange noise from your home comfort system. That noise is more than aggravating. It indicates something is wrong with your HVAC. Even if it’s a seemingly small problem, left alone it could make for a high-priced repair in the future. Don’t try to regulate it yourself. Leave it to the professionals to check out and fix it.
Your home comfort system can cost you quite a bit when you don’t manage it. If you apply these tips, you could save time, added costs and frustration. And if your system just isn’t helping anymore, contemplate choosing one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can help you get a modern energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To find out more, give us a call or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!