Imagine it’s a blindingly hot summer day, and your air conditioning quits out of the blue. You call around for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps getting hotter and hotter while you wait for an HVAC specialist to arrive. Such a headache!
Properly timed air conditioner maintenance is an important tool in preventing this scenario. But how can you tell when it’s time for a tune-up? And, is it really worth scheduling an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem to have a problem? Find out why taking a proactive strategy is the answer to keeping you and your AC unit easily producing cool air even on the hottest days.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner functioning efficiently, HVAC Experts highly recommend servicing it no less than once per year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit remains in optimal condition, preventing potential issues and extending its life span.
As for which month on the calendar is best to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the preferred time of year. This allows you to fix potential issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your AC unit runs smoothly during the hot summer months.
However, if spring is past, and you weren't able to schedule AC service, don’t wait until next year. When it comes to making the most out of cooling abilities in your AC unit with preventive maintenance, it’s better to do it late than not at all.
What Does AC Service Include?
An air conditioning tune-up is a detailed process involving a variety of steps. This is why DIY repair is not suggested. Here are some key parts of the work performed during a routine service call:
- Careful inspection: The technician looks over your air conditioning unit for potential concerns53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The mechanic uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other hardware to make sure your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to reduce friction and lessen wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to encourage safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Changing the filter improves air quality and helps the unit run more efficiently. HVAC professionals recommend doing this in your own system every couple of months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your technician will run a test cycle to make sure the system starts, operates and shuts down appropriately.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many property owners question if routine maintenance is worth all the hype. The fact is, scheduled air conditioner tune-ups encourage better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit needs less power to keep your home cool, which translates into lower utility costs and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s much easier to spot potential issues early when a technician thoroughly inspects your air conditioning every spring. A simple repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid costly and inconvenient breakdowns down the road.
- Increased air quality: A clean AC system promotes better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car drive longer, consistent AC service extends the life of your AC, saving you on early replacement expenses.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Routine maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should consider it an investment, not an expense expenditure. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility costs, complicated and expensive repairs or the expense of having to buy a new AC when your unit should have many more years of operation left in it.
To increase your savings, consider investing in a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll decrease the risk of breakdowns and enhance energy efficiency for continuous savings. Choose from three different plans to suit your needs and budget. You’ll experience several benefits no matter which one you pick, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans cover annual AC tune-ups, ensuring your system remains in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when scheduling appointments, even during high call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, as well as extra discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your peace of mind, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one full year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Plainly, regular AC maintenance is essential for boosting performance and delivering home comfort. Schedule a yearly visit, preferably in the spring, to prevent breakdowns and appreciate numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts stands out as a top choice, with qualified specialists, wide-ranging maintenance plans and a laser-sharp focus on customer satisfaction. Trust your air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your residence cool and comfortable all year long. To learn more or plan your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.