Building a new residence? Upgrading your current equipment? Regardless of why you’re shopping for an air conditioner, you could quickly learn you have more choices than you first thought. Go through this guide to help you weigh four different solutions so you can find the right air conditioner in Charleston.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what the majority of people call to mind when they envision air conditioning for the complete home. Central air conditioning sends air to every room using a system of ducts and registers.
This might be ideal for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- You presently have a furnace or air handler.
- You want nearly noiseless, convenient operation.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In hot weather, heat pumps work similar to central air conditioners. A lot of models can also provide heat in cold weather.
This could be ideal for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- Your home is in a location with warmer weather during the winter.
- You’re looking for one piece of equipment for full-year heating and cooling, as opposed to a traditional furnace and air conditioner.
- Your residence doesn’t use (or you don’t need) natural or propane gas.
- You want nearly silent, energy-efficient heating and cooling.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground below your feet remains at an even 55 degrees all year round. A geothermal heat pump takes advantage of this continuous supply of energy with underground loops for incredible heating and cooling efficiency.
This might be right for you if:
- Your house utilizes ductwork.
- You’re looking for a lone piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have adequate land around your home for the underground loops.
This is another type of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit links to an interior blower unit fixed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t need any ductwork and keeps your windows secure.
This may be right for you if:
- Your home, or a new add-on to it, doesn’t have ductwork.
- You’re seeking an energy-efficient method for heating and cooling separate areas.
- You’re seeking to add zoning to your home.
Still unsure which kind of air conditioner you should buy? Rely on the Experts at Pardee Service Experts for anything air conditioning! We can talk through your options and help you select the ideal one for your needs. Please contact us at 843-410-6103 to request an air conditioning replacement estimate right away.