Summer is typically a hectic time of year for many people in Charleston. Whether it’s a family reunion, an extended vacation or any number of other exciting activities, summer not only brings about busy schedules, but that dreaded Charleston heat as well.
We know you’ve already handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs long before summer came, so what else can you do to keep cool during those days where you can’t escape to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a few pointers:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Charleston heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you don’t have to worry about it breaking down in the heat of the summer. Give Pardee Service Experts a call at 843-410-6103 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make certain that your air conditioner is working at its highest level in the Charleston heat.
- Stay in air conditioning as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a short break and utilize an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do so.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early sign of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a break as it may also be an early sign of dehydration or a different heat-related illness.
- Take special considerations when scheduling outdoor activities. Any type of workout or athletic practices should be done earlier or later in the day when the Charleston temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in hot temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than usual. It can help you cool down a little sooner so you can get back to reveling in your home’s air conditioning.