Air conditioners don’t work for a lifetime, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Charleston, you may be wondering—should you also request furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are several aspects to think about, plus the perks of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it along with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can likely hold on it.
- What type of air conditioner are you buying? Lots of homeowners are replacing their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This saves energy and enhances comfort by working at several speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to realize the full comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the appropriate amount of air to keep your residence the right temperature. A modern air conditioner could call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Pardee Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and provide the correct advice.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your bank account if you replace both units together.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are correctly sized, there aren’t usually any major short-term outcomes. A mismatched setup is typically not permanent until the other system stops working. You can circumvent the temporary fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll enjoy these rewards:
- Increased efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything works at the highest efficiency, making your residence cozier and decreasing your monthly utility costs.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you replace your air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might stop working for good. In the interim, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have covered an upgraded furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both replaced at the same time. And you may even be eligible for a special deal as you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, get in touch with Pardee Service Experts. We get the expense of replacing your complete system can concern you, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special discounts or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and simply one reasonable monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are included!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job done right the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 843-410-6103 to book an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.