Air conditioners don’t run for a lifetime, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Charleston, you may be wondering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are a few aspects to think over, in addition to the perks of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can likely hold on it.
- What model of air conditioner are you installing? Lots of homeowners are swapping out their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This saves energy and increases comfort by working at varying speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to get the full comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the appropriate amount of air to keep your house comfy. A modern air conditioner could call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Pardee Service Experts, can determine that static pressure of your system and provide the proper suggestion.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your bank account if you replace both systems together.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are correctly sized, there aren’t usually any major short-term outcomes. A mismatched setup is often not permanent until the other system stops working. You can avoid the band-aid fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll get these rewards:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything runs at the highest efficiency, making your residence cozier and reducing your ongoing heating and cooling costs.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you get a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might malfunction for good. Meanwhile, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have covered an upgraded furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both replaced at the same time. And you may even be eligible for a special deal as you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can rely on Pardee Service Experts. We get the price of replacing your complete system might worry you, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special discounts or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and simply one reasonable monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are included!*
You can relax knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job done right the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 843-410-6103 to book an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.