When you run the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you're expecting clean, safe water to flow out. But even if the water appears clear, it might still carry toxic chemicals that pose a threat to your family’s health and well-being. Many people do not like the taste of contaminated tap water and understand the risks of drinking it. That’s why half of all American households keep either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to make sure they have healthy drinking water at home.
If you want to ensure your family’s health, you might first opt for going the bottled water route. Unfortunately, this gets expensive soon. In addition, plastic water bottles that don’t get recycled end up polluting the world’s waterways, causing harm to the environment and hurting marine life.
Setting up a whole-house water filtration system is more practical and healthier for the environment than buying bottled water. It will also supply healthier water more easily because you can get it right from the tap. Additionally, whole-house systems send purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, enabling you to capitalize on the benefits wherever you use water in your home.
Before installing a whole-house water filtration system, learn what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can clear out harmful contaminants. Then, contact Pardee Service Experts to help you find and install the right water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality fluctuates by location, but a few of the most common contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what’s in your drinking water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG files show that greater than 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America have tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, demonstrating that regulated water quality levels aren't necessarily safe.
Think About Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and hazardous chemicals from your tap, supplying you and your family with safe, healthy water to drink. Here are the perks of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a frequent sign of contaminants in your drinking water. Comprised of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is naturally occurring and can become concentrated in the water main following severe storms. While generally harmless, sediment can make your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax provides sediment filtration to clear out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is crucial to clean drinking water in urban environments like cities. Sadly, this disinfectant creates harmful chemical byproducts when it mixes with naturally occurring organic and inorganic materials in the water. A few DPBs, like trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax gets rid of these carcinogens to keep your family safe.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Providing safe tap water is the goal of adding putting in any water filtration system. Besides being cleaner for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more constant metallic or musty odors. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more cloudy water swirling around your glass. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water at every tap: Hazardous chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin when you shower and stick to your clothing and dishes as you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it ensures clean water from every tap.
- No operating costs or water going to waste: Some whole-house filtration systems increase your electric bills. Others raise your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax proves that healthy water doesn’t have to come with steeper utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s structure, you could need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor includes both designs to accommodate your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the best warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you know your investment will carry on providing clean, quality drinking water for a long, long time..
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Pardee Service Experts, we install several types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, like the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re hoping to reduce water hardness, filter out bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the right product for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, straightforward and backed by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Call your local Pardee Service Experts office for help finding a water filtration system that matches your needs and budget.