Your HVAC equipment is vital to a comfortable home and indoor air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work around the clock in the background, heating, cooling, managing the humidity and filtering your indoor air. Many homeowners take this functionality for granted until they’re forced to do without them. If your air conditioning has ever broken down on a sweltering summer day, or the furnace has stopped working during a blizzard, you know what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wishes to deal with urgent repairs, higher energy bills or home comfort problems. What if there was a way to ensure a constant source of clean, conditioned air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes into play. Like obtaining an oil change for your car, consistent tune-ups are vital for keeping your HVAC system up and running. And to get the maximum from each maintenance visit, you should look into applying for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This contract is an arrangement between you and the HVAC contractor. Your membership takes the guessing out of HVAC service by delivering routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled appointments and other advantages. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't required to schedule tune-ups with Pardee Service Experts, but we highly endorse registering. Here are six reasons why.
1. Built-In Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets hectic, so it's not hard to forget about scheduling furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent consistent reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re not sure why HVAC maintenance is so worthwhile, consider these benefits:
- Uncover small problems early on: Issues with your heating and cooling tend to develop slowly. When a technician inspects the internal components each year, it’s possible to locate and fix small problems before they turn into big headaches.
- Lower the risk of unexpected shutdowns: By tightening that loose fan belt and stabilizing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance visit, the risk of a sudden breakdown diminishes.
- Smaller repair costs: Routine HVAC maintenance is an affordable, foreseeable amount that eliminates the need for most major repairs.
- Enhance energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that once-a-year maintenance can boost HVAC efficiency by as high as 30%, bringing down your heating and cooling bills in the process.
- Encourage home comfort: When your heating and cooling system functions the way it should, airflow improves for even temperatures and more balanced humidity throughout the house.
- Lengthen the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can live years longer versus a neglected one, saving you on premature replacement equipment.
- Ensure safety: An equipment and safety assessment during each visit offers peace of mind that your heating and cooling system is performing as intended.
- Maintain your warranty: Most HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance to such a degree that they require yearly tune-ups to keep your warranty active. Investing a little in maintenance now protects you from pricey repairs that your warranty will cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you call to request an emergency repair. You can typically anticipate same-day service—even on nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning to replace your home comfort system? An HVAC maintenance plan gives you access to the fastest installs available, even during the busiest times of year.
4. Marked Down Repairs and Services
Routine maintenance decreases the need for repair calls, but if your system needs some attention, having a Maintenance+ Plan provides a 15% discount. You’ll also receive 15% off indoor air quality products, such as pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Utility repairs are sometimes unavoidable, but they can get pricey fast. Thankfully, with an HVAC maintenance plan, you’ll never have to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour visits.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you know the technician has executed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the final product leave you disappointed, the technician will return to make things right.
Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Pardee Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Consider what each plan offers and contact our staff to help you choose the ideal plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to address any questions you have before registering. For more details about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to schedule a tune-up, please contact your local Pardee Service Experts office today.