Stopping it from happening is the most important place to begin. Taking correct safety precautions will decrease your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Charleston.
Here are several steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Warm up your car outside your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours running in the restricted space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heaters. These items are safe when used properly but can produce carbon monoxide when used for an extensive period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, as it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a pro. This makes sure chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected properly.
- Verify gas appliances are working accurately, particularly your furnace. You can ensure efficient, safe comfort by scheduling routine furnace maintenance with Pardee Service Experts.