A popping sound is characteristic of a duct design that’s too small. This happens when there’s greater airflow than your ductwork can control.
Troubles with your ductwork can lead to other ventilation and air quality issues, such as:
- Excessive noise
- Higher energy consumption
- Premature system malfunction
- Uneven heating and cooling
- Damaged AC compressor in the summer
- Overly warm furnace or heat pump in the winter
- Mold growth inside ducts
Call an experienced company in Charleston, like Pardee Service Experts, to inspect your residence’s ventilation system. We can make recommendations for duct repair or installation.