If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.
Signs of a gas leak can include the following:
- The aroma of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
- Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances hooked up to the gas line, like gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
- Dead or discolored grass, plants or other vegetation
- People in the house having symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you are dealing with any of these signs and are worried they may be due to a gas leak, leave your home and call 911 right away, followed by your utility company.
In some cases, the utility company will fix a gas leak, but in most instances the homeowner is responsible. Luck for you, the professionals at Pardee Service Experts are thoroughly trained to install or repair gas lines and we are committed to getting the job done right, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work is backed with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*!
GAS LINE REPAIR IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER ATTEMPT AS A DIY PROJECT.
While there are a ton of things to do around the house that homeowners choose to take on by themselves, gas line repair should to be left up to the specialists. It is the only way to ensure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all Charleston codes.
From installing gas lines for a new stove or oven to doing repairs on gas lines for a heater in your garage, Pardee Service Experts’s years of experience have allowed us to handle a number of gas line projects in the Charleston community, so no job is too tall of an order for our team.
Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety
As stated before, the first thing you need to do if you are concerned about a gas leak is evacuate your home and then call 911 promptly. After emergency responders are on their way, reach out to your utility company.
Once the emergency responders and utility company have made sure there is no danger, call Pardee Service Experts to schedule a gas line repair, installation or replacement.
Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, should be taken very seriously. Make sure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 promptly if you’re ever worried about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide won’t have a smell and can’t be easily detected. The EPA recommends the following steps to lower exposure to carbon monoxide:
- Keep gas appliances safely adjusted.
- Put in and use an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
- Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
- Have a trained professional inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and fix any leaks promptly.
For more tips on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, check out our blog.