According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are due to sewer backups. The estimated cost due to sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. Pardee Service Experts can help by certifying you have a backflow assembly installed to avoid sewer backups. Many homeowners in Charleston don’t realize they are liable for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At Pardee Service Experts, our plumbers and technicians have the knowledge, training and proficiency to take care of everything and anything associated to sewer service and sewer inspection.
Typical Causes of Sewer Backup
- Clogs in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is Creating your sewer to fail or backup, don’t hesitate to contact us at 843-410-6103
the moment you suspect a problem to evade as much, potentially costly, harm to your home and plumbing structure as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Be sure you are throwing away garbage properly.
- Dumping grease down your drain will result in a buildup in the line and lead to a clog.
- Disposing of any paper materials other than toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) into the toilet can cause a backup.
- Have Pardee Service Experts install and oversee a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask Pardee Service Experts to check for illegal plumbing connections and correct them if found. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will ultimately clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from hindering your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call Pardee Service Experts today at 843-410-6103
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs 24/7/365.