Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Charleston
You probably don’t think about your sump pump until there’s a downpour. Then you expect it’s working properly so your Charleston basement doesn’t sustain water damage.
Sump pumps can cease working for a few various reasons.
We’ve handled it all. If your pump isn’t draining properly, call the Experts at Pardee Service Experts to determine the problem.
We’ll examine your pump during our visit and offer preventive maintenance advice, so it won’t quit when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can quit running for a few different reasons:
- No power
- Irregular maintenance
- Too small of a unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch issues
- Frosted over or plugged discharge lines
- Age (average expectancy is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few quick things you can do to ensure your sump pump is prepared for efficiency.
- Check that the cord is in good shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in anticipation of power surges.
- Confirm the pump is straight and not tilting to one side, since this can cause the pump to not activate when called for.
- If the pump hasn’t been on recently, dump a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump runs and pulls out the water quickly.
- During arid forecasts, remove the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Check the discharge pipe’s vent hole is free of obstructions.
Trust Pardee Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a method of security to defend your home from water damage, depend on the specialists at Pardee Service Experts to ensure yours is effective.
We’ve got the knowledge—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are supported by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Talk with us at 843-410-6103 or schedule an appointment online.