Your sump pump is one of those items you may not think about until you need it—then you cross your fingers it’s working as it should. The good news is that the specialists at Pardee Service Experts are here to help whether you need new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your Charleston home.
Sump pumps can stop working for a number of different reasons and we’ve possibly experienced it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting weird, give Pardee Service Experts a call to schedule a visit and examine your issue.
During our visit, we can give you with multiple preventive maintenance tricks to help ensure your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or specifically, quite the reverse) when you need it most. Our experts will check your sump pump for appropriate operation and if we see any sign of a potential issue, we’ll alert you immediately and discuss your options.
It is crucial to note there are multiple simple things that you can do to make sure you have your sump pump set up for efficiency:
- Identify the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is upright and not falling to one side since it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If it has been a while since your sump pump has operated, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is unclogged.
Because your sump pump is essentially a type of insurance to protect your home and your belongings from what can be devastating water damage, look to the experts at Pardee Service Experts to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 843-410-6103
or request an appointment online.